Monday 14 July 2014

Why "Domestic Murder..."?

I've named my blog '"Domestic Murder," She Wrote' because I write about murders that occurred in domestic settings (in homes or dwellings) in the past for my PhD thesis. My research in this area makes me feel a bit like an amateur detective sometimes, not because I'm trying to find out 'whodunnit', but because I'm trying to piece together clues to answer questions about the case files for murder trials that I use in my research. (More about them later.) I hope I don't bear too many similarities to the character of Jessica Fletcher from Murder, She Wrote, other than, perhaps, the fact that I ask a lot of questions in the process of researching for my PhD.

If you have the answers to any of my questions, please feel free to comment on my posts or send me your contact details. Right now, in Summer 2014, I'm trying to find out as much as I can about how the files I use, and the individual documents in them, were made and by whom. I'm eager to make contact with other researchers working with similar files, so please get in touch if you are. I see my research as constantly evolving and I love to share it and talk about it, so please do get in touch if you've anything to say about any of my posts, academic or otherwise.

As well as using this blog to ask questions about the files I use in my research, I also intend to write about interesting things I've read or found and written about in my notebooks over the last few years since I started researching using these files. Feel free to comment on these posts too, I hope you find them interesting.

You can find out more about me and my PhD research via my academic profile on the University of Sussex website, or my Academia.edu profile. I'm also on Twitter as @HistoryGirrl . If you'd like to cite or refer to my blog, please use my full name: Alexa H.L. Neale.


No comments:

Post a Comment